@ZackTeibloom Jack White day was glorious. You all sent some wonderful video and quotes and some of you Re-Tweeted some of my Jack White love fests. Now it’s time to crown the winners.
@hhhancock dominated this category. He wanted it bad. He sent along over a dozen quotes and videos along and kept me pretty busy Tuesday afternoon. All of these are his:
- “I wish I’d been–someone from the ’20s and ’30s, playing on a street corner down South.”
- “No. I know that’s blasphemous when you are from Detroit.”
- “Art is only worth what people will pay for it. Artists do not get paid by the hour.”
- “I’m one of those people that you must keep your eye on or I’ll wander off into the woods and forget to come back.”
- “It is the pursuit of happiness that brings us happiness, and not the happiness achieved.”
My previous favorite: “I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t love Led Zeppelin.”
The Winner: @hhhancock
“I have three dads: my biological father, God and Bob Dylan”
- Jack White was literally and figuratively sick at ACL
- My Beatles moment with the Raconteurs
- Consolers of the Lonely Review
- Jack White is not afraid of you and he will kick your ass
- Jack White Continues to Blow My Mind
Runner-up via @mad_to_live
@samifest: “”I screamed like a girl. I couldn’t help myself” http://bit.ly/tgiFD” She got this ReTweeted a whopping 97 times.*
Best Video winner: @duffstar
As much as I loved the best-of Jack videos like this, there’s something about Jack taking over yet another band that gives me goosebumps. They say the MVP in sports is the person who means the most to his team. If you put someone else in his place, how much worse off would they be?
Jack takes a Strokes performance of “New York City Cops” that was hovering in the 9 range and turned it up to 11. As hard as the Strokes were rocking, Jack electrifies the crowd and dominates the sound. All hail the king.
One more for the hell of it:
*3 times, but who’s counting.