@ZackTeibloom I just want to give you free music. If you don’t like the contests we run, I’ll just win other music sites’ contests and then give you their prizes to. That’s right. I’m Robin Hood. We just gave away two tickets to Quiet Company on our Twitter account (@festivalcrasher) that we won in a costume contest for my 69 costume in 2006*.
Three things for you to do:
1.Beat @mattsilver in the trivia contest for 6 free albums going on until tomorrow at 5 p.m. central.
2 Enter the Free Fun Fun Fun fest passes contest. I’ve already entered thrice already and I have my pass, so when I win, they go to you. Treat it like a Halloween costume: think outside the box, have a theme and don’t just go for the sexy choice.
3. Enter the Fun Fun Fun Fest Scavenger hunt on Saturday. If you need help coming up with a team name or need assistance during the contest, don’t hesitate to ask me. I’m here for all your crashing needs.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far in the super group contest.
1. Introducing “The Dead 27’s” who all died tragically at the age of 27.
Lead singer/songwriter- Kurt Cobain
Back-up vocals: Janis Joplin
Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Keys: Ron ‘Pigpen’ McKernan of The Grateful Dead
Drums: Pete de Freitas of Echo and the Bunnymen
Bass: Dave Alexander (The Stooges)
Hype man: Jim Morrison- he mostly just wanders around the stage, shirtless, thinking he’s a lizard.
Also, they take 27 hits of acid before every show.
2. “The Undead” They’re alive. They shouldn’t be.
Iggy Pop- vocals ” the mad lad whose kamikaze drug use and ritualistic physical extremism onstage almost killed him before the mid-Seventies” -rolling stone on Iggy right before he turned 60
Keith Richards- guitar “Keith Richards can not be killed by conventional weapons.” Dude once claimed he snorted his dad’s ashes w/ cocaine. That would not have cracked the top 5 craziest things he’s snorted.
Phil Lesh bass- the acid. good lord. the acid.
Courtney Love-vocals/guitar “Are you there, are you there, are you fucking anywhere? Are you an angel now? Fuck you!” – Courtney Love lying in Kurts blood after his suicide””
Travis Barker- drums He survived a plane crash. And having to put up with those retards in Blink-182. Double bonus.
3. My all-gay band. It was harder than you’d think to come up with these gents. Incidentally, “Harder Than You’d Think” is the band’s name.
vox: Freddy Mercury (queen)
Keys: Elton John
vox/voice: Rob Halford (judas priest)
guitar: Bob Mould (husker du)
drums: Scott Plouf (built to spill)
*Slight redemption for not winning Sports’ costume contest that year. I think they were bias towards having tits.
- Free Music at Deezer!
- Festival Crashers Trivia for free music
- Rothbury: I didn’t see Robin Hood on the bill…
- Win Free Fun Fun Fun Fest Tickets
- The Fastest Kid Alive “Don’t Sleep ’til the Music Stops” music video