@ZackTeibloom I’ve got a bad festival hangover. And I only had one beer this weekend. It was just a lot to take in for one weekend in the desert. We put in 25 hours on the grounds and I saw are 20 shows I would have paid to see any night of the week. I saw my favorite rapper ever and he was everything I dreamed he’d be. I realized Thom Yorke and Flea were made to
It felt like a cross between a day festival and a camping festival. I guess it was. I slept on the floor every night, but had air conditioning and could shower. There was that fest dust in the air (literally. Like ACL when it doesn’t rain.) We crashed every day. And crashed even harder at night.
I had to do a victory dance when we got in the first day. It just felt right.
Top 20 shows:
- Atoms for Peace
- Them Crooked Vultures
- The Dead Weather
- Street Sweeper Social Club
- LCD Soundsystem
- Dirty Projectors
- Florence and the Machines
- Mayer Hawthorne
- Local Natives
- Hot Chip
- She and Him
- Passion Pit
- Yo La Tengo
Random thoughts on the fest:
- Awesome venue in Indio. Looked green and lush and the desert air was ideal. Just a shade under too hot during the day and I never needed a sweatshirt at night.
- Why no beer? I don’t usually care to drink much during a festival, but having us contained in the beer garden when we wanted a cool-down beer and not letting us take them out was a bit unnecessary.
- No kids? I feel like I usually see at least 100 kids at a day or camping fest. They weren’t at coachella. Maybe they’re still in school, but still a shocking lack of kids on shoulders. I just felt bad because I’d want to have memories of going to Coachella when I was little. It’s fantastic.
- Sly- Re-defined train wreck. Thrilled to have finally seen a 0/10.
- Set times: No one played for longer than an hour and a half. There should be at least a few 2+ hour shows.
- Wale- If you’re going to show up for only 1/3 of your set, have the decency to apologize.
- Gorillaz- We’re not supposed to see you guys! And with no guest stars, you’re all smoke and mirrors
- It’s over. I want to go back to there.