@ZackTeibloom Andy and I couldn’t be more excited to be back in Chicago for Lollapalooza this weekend. We hope to see as many friends as possible and see some shows and share a sandwich and catch up and all that jazz. Having said that, we’re gonna have to go over some things to make this as easy for all of us as possible. First off, we’re here to see music and we know what we want to see. We’ve made our schedules and we’re sticking to them. If you want to go to Eminem, talk to Andy. If you want to see Coldplay, I’m your guy. (Wow, never thought I’d say that.) And you better get to the Coldplay stage early, because I’m likely staying there from Bright Eyes on, unless I decide to make a dash for OK Go. Our schedules are below. Here’s a few things to consider and we’ll see you out there. Let’s get our festival on.
- I’m not answering a phone call between 2pm and 10 pm Friday to Sunday. Learn how to text and make it a good one. If you want to meet up, I’m going to ask for the following things:
- What show you want to meet at.
- Your exact location. (We call it triangulating. Pick two distinct locations that you’re equidistant from.)
- The time. Service will likely be delayed. Adding in the time you sent the text helps immensely.
- Yes, I am crashing Saturday and Sunday. Yes, I’m open to the idea of helping you crash. If you’re patient, or a pussy, I’m leaving you behind. If you’re game and adventurous, let’s get it on. I snuck two people in last year, because they stuck with me. Text me between 11 a.m. and noon Saturday or Sunday and I’ll keep you in the loop. Same texting rules apply.
- We don’t do after shows. We get to the fest by noon and stay through the headliner’s encore. We’re tired, sweaty and have a lot of writing to do.