@ZackTeibloom I clearly over-thought my bracket. I had Young the Giant as my #1 overall song and then had them not making the finals. Whoops. Now only My Morning Jacket stands in their way. If you’re reading this on your lunch break, try not to have food in your mouth as you read Andy’s reasoning for why you should pick MMJ. I had some stir fry in my mouth that almost went flying. The winner of this match-up has the challenge of taking down returning champion The Black Keys. I think if either song has a shot, it’s Young the Giant, but My Morning Jacket has surprised me time after time in the last few years, so who knows what they’re capable of. Let’s get to it. Seriously, don’t be eating something. I warned you…
Lyrical content means almost nothing to me. I’m in it for a good melody. Vocals are another instrument, albeit a very important one. You could sing a song about pissing-out-of-your-asshole-
“This is our last song of the night!” At this point, I’m not sure these aren’t the opening words to “My Body.” Last go-round I told you it was the ultimate show closer, and I hadn’t even seen this video yet. I can’t help but smile as all the kids leap up on stage and just go crazy, like they’re at a Girl Talk show. Young the Giant’s rumbling explosion of a song launched their careers in one year to the point that they can sell out two nights of Stubbs and play the VMA’s. Is it enough to send them to the finals?
- Favorite song of 2011: Round 2: Justice “New Lands” vs. Young the Giant “My Body”
- Favorite Song 2011: Round 1: Young the Giant “My Body” vs. Ezra Furman “Mysterious Power”
- Favorite Song 2011 Contest: Semi-finals: The Drums “Money” vs. The Black Keys “Lonely Boy”
- Favorite Song of 2011: Round 2: My Morning Jacket vs. M83
- Favorite Song 2011: Round 1: Jay Z & Kanye West “Nwords in Paris” vs My Morning Jacket “Outta My System”