@ZackTeibloom It’s that time of year again. Welcome to the 5th annual
Catchiest Favorite Song of the year contest. In case you’re unfamiliar, we ran two years of “Catchiest” song of the year, got tired of listening to Lady Gaga and decided to just have it be our favorite song of the year. We opened it up to you, our lovely fans/friends on our social media pages, and then Andy and I took your advice and each compiled a list of our ten favorite songs of the year. We then veto’d a couple (he insisted I get rid of MIA’s “Bad Girls,” I told him I couldn’t bare to listen to whatever generic Killers song he chose) and we settled on 16 songs we were content to call our favorites of the year. We inadvertently got a bunch of Grammy nominees in here, with Frank Ocean, Muse, Mumford and Sons and Jack White, with “Sixteen Saltines” as a one seed. This means Jack White has his best shot ever to go deep in this tourney and, more realistically, I have my first opportunity to get overly disappointed and taking it personally when it doesn’t happen. Enough jibber jabber. Here’s the brackets:
Fill this bracket out like March Madness. Your mission here is not to put your favorites. You want to predict how you and our other followers will vote on these brackets. Once we’ve collected your brackets, we’ll vote the songs off one by one until we have a champion, right around New Years.
To make it easier on me for the scoring, please just write down your winners for each round. If you choose all winners, your bracket would look like this:
- Round 1: Passion Pit, Muse, Miike Snow, Byrne & St. Vincent, Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons, Frank Ocean, Jack White
- Round 2: Passion Pit, Miike Snow, Bruno Mars, Jack White
- Round 3: Passion Pit, Jack White
- Round 4: Passion Pit
Please e-mail your bracket choices to me by Tuesday 12/11 at 7 pm central. Send them to Zack (at) festivalcrashers (dot) com. Trust me, it will make the holiday weeks more fun if you fill out a bracket and follow up with it. We’ll even send you some prizes if you win.
- Brackets for Favorite Song of 2010
- Catchiest Song of ’09 Brackets
- Favorite Song of 2011 Contest: Semi-finals: My Morning Jacket “Outta My System” vs. Young the Giant “My Body”
- Best Song of 2011: Got Your Brackets (Right Here)
- Favorite song 2011 Round 1: Adele “Rolling in the Deep” vs. Not in the Face! “Brass Tacks”