@ZackTeibloom We made it through round one and only one bracket is still perfect. Whaddya know, it’s the same guy who’s formatted every post, written most of the intros and created all the polls. While I may have the lead, the real points come in the next couple rounds. I had a pretty good feeling about round one, but I truly don’t know who will pull ahead next round. Perhaps the vote totals from the last round will give us a hint. Frank Ocean led round one with 55,000* votes and Muse was in a close second with 52,000. On the other hand, Miike Snow made round two with only 6,000 votes. Sure. some of this has to do with how many people happen upon the site on a day, but there’s something to be said about bands that got that kind of momentum. I’m starting to worry about Jack and his 15,000 votes.
Round two presents some real interesting match-ups:
Passion Pit vs. Muse, Miike Snow vs. David Byrne & St. Vincent, Bruno Mars vs. Mumford & Sons, Frank Ocean vs. Jack White.
And now to the rankings of those of you who turned in a bracket:
- Zack: 8/8
- Caitlin: 7/8
- Andrea: 7/8
- Andy: 6/8
- Sadie: 6/8
- John: 6/8
- Matt: 6/8
- Rob: 5/8
*I added the thousands to make myself feel like this was less of a waste of my time. We both know 55 votes, not 55,000 was the actual high.
- Favorite song of 2012: Round 1: Passion Pit “Take a Walk” vs. Imagine Dragons “It’s Time”
- Favorite Song of 2012 Contest Brackets
- Favorite Song of 2012: Round 1: Muse “Madness” vs. Ellie Goulding “Anything Can Happen”
- Favorite Song of 2012 Contest: Round 1: Jack White “Sixteen Saltines” vs. The Shins “Simple Song”
- Favorite Song of 2012 Contest: Round 1: Miike Snow “Paddling Out” vs. Metric “Youth Without Youth”