@ZackTeibloom It’s New Years Day, I’m slowly getting over a hangover and considering which resolutions I’m actually going to stick with, which is harder to do with a hangover. Oops. I just spilled a full cup of water all over my desk and keyboard at work and now any time I type an h, a j shows up as well. Anyway, here we are starting a new year and still finishing last year’s contest. One thing is settled, though. We already have our bracket winner decided, so all that’s up in the air is what song is our favorite. We’ll vote off both final four match-ups at once on Wednesday. Let’s see who we have left and who our bracket winner is.
I like to think that our final four do a pretty good job of showcasing some of the biggest bands Festival Crashers is into for the year with a couple notable exceptions. I think our Muse days are mostly behind us and they just snuck in on one great song this year and I still think Arcade Fire should have taken the final spot in 2010 over Broken Bells, but no matter how many times I kept trying to get Arcade Fire in that year, it wasn’t to be. Now I have one goal: Get Jack White to win this year, even though he barely snuck by Frank Ocean last round.
- 2012 Final Four: Miike Snow, Muse, Mumford & Sons & Jack White
- 2011 Final Four: The Black Keys, Young the Giant, My Morning Jacket & The Drums
- 2010 Final Four: The Black Keys, LCD Soundsystem, Local Natives & Broken Bells
As for the brackets, Caitlin’s only up one point, but she’s clinched her third straight bracket championship. She has Miike Snow vs. Jack White in her finals and no one else has an opportunity to make up points on her. Her prize is most likely going to be the Miike Snow album Happy to You on vinyl. Thanks to everyone who entered!
- Caitlin: 13/16
- Zack: 12/16
- Andrea: 11/16
- Andy: 10/16
- John 8/16
- Matt 8/16
- Rob: 7/16
- Sadie: 6/16
- Favorite Song of 2012 Round 1 Recap
- Favorite Song 2011 Contest: Semi-finals: The Drums “Money” vs. The Black Keys “Lonely Boy”
- Favorite Song of 2011 Contest: Semi-finals: My Morning Jacket “Outta My System” vs. Young the Giant “My Body”
- Favorite Song of 2012 Contest Brackets
- Favorite Song of 2012 Contest: Round 2: Miike Snow “Paddling Out” vs. David Byrne & St. Vincent “Who?”