@ZackTeibloom Round 1 was full of surprises. We saw two #1 seeds go down, as you guys agreed with Rob Sheffield that “Blurred Lines” may be the worst song ever and acknowledged that Lorde isn’t ready to be Queen of our contest just yet. Andy and I had “Blurred Lines” and “Royals” winning it all, so clearly we aren’t the best predictors, and I don’t think we’re any closer to knowing who will win.
Somehow Eminem got more votes than any other winning song combined. Macca had a gigantic win percentage as well. Does that mean those are the two favorites or that someone happened to stumble across those posts? We’ll see soon enough. Here’s the winners, round two match-ups and a look at our bracket results through round one.
- Daft Punk: 80% Pretty Lights: 20%
- Arctic Monkeys: 82% Phoenix: 18%
- Arcade Fire: 64% Bastille: 36%
- Justin Timberlake: 55% Haim: 45%
- Eminem: 91% Vampire Weeekend: 9%
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs: 60% Robin Thicke: 40%
- Paul McCartney: 92% Kanye: 8%
- Capital Cities: 51% Lorde: 49%
Round 2 match-ups:
- Daft Punk vs. Arctic Monkeys
- Arcade Fire vs. Eminem
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Justin Timberlake
- Paul McCartney vs. Capital Cities
- Eric: 6
- Andy, Zack, Sami, Benson: 4
- Caitlin: 2
We’ll be back Thursday with Daft Punk vs. Arctic Monkeys.